1. Peel the banana and mash it with a fork in a bowl.
2. Add in the egg and oatmeal and stir well.
3. Let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes so that the oatmeal can swell. If the dough is too firm, add a sip of water or milk.
4. Heat a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
5. Add a heaping tablespoon of batter at a time to the pan and bake the pancakes for 3-4 minutes on one side until golden brown, then flip them and finish baking for 2-3 minutes.
6. Enjoy the pancakes with some maple syrup.
7. My favorite toppings: stewed apples, almond butter, roasted nuts, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, goji berries, etc.
If you have a (hand) blender, put egg, banana and oatmeal together and mix. It will save yourself some time ;)
1 banana (the riper the better)
3 tablespoons oatmeal (fine-flaked)
1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil (for baking)