1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees (Celsius) and spread the nuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper. 2. Roast the nuts for about 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
3. Remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the nuts into your food processor (or blender - just make sure you use enough nuts so that the blades of the blender are not visible) and start blending.
5. Blend the nut mixture for about 5 minutes until the mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
6. Pour the nut butter into a glass jar and let it cool before closing it with a lid.
7. The nut butter will keep for at least two months. I keep it in one of my food cupboards. Don't store it in the fridge as it might get super hard.
Where to use?
- Topping for porridge
- Dip for banana, apple, pear
- Spread on bread (a wonderful combination is sourdough bread with strawberry jam and a thin layer of nut butter)
- with a spoon directly from the jar into the mouth :)
400g mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts)
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt